Ways to Cool Your Phone and Keep It Efficient
Have you been hit by your smartphone getting too hot and slowing or worse, shutting down? If so, try the following steps to cool your phone down again:
- Remove the phone’s case
- Switch on airplane mode to disable all connectivity
- Move it from direct sunlight
- Direct a fan at your phone (but don’t put it in a fridge, freezer, or cooler)
- Reduce the display brightness
Once you’ve done this, try the following to avoid further overheats:
- Use Battery Saver mode
- Clean up your phone to remove junk files
- Reduce Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS use unless needed
Not only should your phone stop overheating again, but the battery should last longer!
As a safety feature, phones and tablets are designed to shut down in extreme temperatures. You’ll just need to wait for it to recover from the high temperatures to put the above into practice.